Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This is it...

I stated on my facebook page that I would make this announcement, and it's sad that it has to be done in an announcement fashion. It used to be that someone would get their inevitable Warholian fifteen minutes, then disappear and be left with a feeling of 'didn't they use to...." Yet in this day and age of internet trolls and instant crap that passes for news, these people that we would leave behind like so much excreta and we would feel so relieved, are given a certain gravitas and we are forced to take their words as Gospel. Rush Limbaugh is the reich wing version of Aimee Semple MacPherson, Glenn Beck is Billy Sunday, and the failed list goes on. 

No I am actually helping to aid the republicans to help save themselves in this case and helping my fellow liberals get passed the sizzle and look at the steak. Why does any person with any shred of what we call ourselves as Americans give a lick about what is stated by one Sarah Louise Palin? She's nothing more than a vapid gaseous vacuum of hate. She offers nothing to political discourse, her husband belonged to a group in Alaska that wants to leave the union, she equated living 800 miles from Russia into seeing the kremlin from her back yard. She is ill prepared to talk to any news agency that is not lead by Roger Ailes. Explain how a secretive, lying, half term governor with no real history of governing deserves your praise or even your scorn? She is unlikable don't get me wrong, I wouldn't walk across the street to hear her give away free caribou jerky. That being said however, she is the political equivilant of nothing. There is nothing like Sarah Palin in my following of US history. John C. Calhoun who I have almost no historical respect for, at least in his way tried to do the best he could for his state. James Buchanan served honorably as Polk's secretary of state in the 1840's before he screwed up the presidency. James Garfield was a general in the civil war and was a senator from Ohio before he became president. Sarah Palin, on the other hand, tried to govern the US least populous state and only succeeded in showing us that Alaskans may be the singularly easiest people on earth to dupe. 

I suspect that the republicans see her as attractive and some democrats may harbor a secret feeling of "if i tilt my head this way, I can see how Tina Fey looks in 15 years" but there is more to governing than being pretty. it's amazing though that when I see her open her mouth, any attractiveness she may have, spews out in a volcanic magma of vile hatred detracting any physical attributes. So I implore anyone that follows me, supports me in my labor of love/ stroking of ego, to please, please, please, put Sarah Palin on your 'pay no mind' list. She's not Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito. She won't whack you. She will hopefully with a concentrated effort go back to her little hilla in Wasilla and remember how she had an opportunity to matter and either was unwilling or perhaps unable to.


Welcome to the "unoffcial first" Palin free zone starting...NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment