Saturday, May 28, 2011

Save A Prayer for the Morning After

I have held off on this post for a while because it's tough to address the severity and magnitude of the horrid weather we have experienced in our country with a blog like mine where levity, smarm and righteous anger are the norm. That being said I realize how important getting aid to our friends in Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama et al is.

I contacted my friends in Missouri and thankfully, they are fine. Not everyone is as lucky as I. There is serious loss of life and possessions in these areas and for you who may follow me and have had that loss in your life know that you're in my prayers and praises for keeping on surviving.

That being said to hear Eric Cantor politicize the aid is infuriating. Again, you may say how I turned my anger at Texas into an anti aid tirade, and I say I don't recall any Missourians, Arkansans, Alabamans etc talking about secession or publicly questioning the POTUS in the crazy way that Governor Goodhair did OR get the aid, pocket it and still bitch. To see Mr. Cantor hold the good folks of Joplin, MO hostage in the budget argument to merely score points with the other Koch Suckers infuriates me. I know this is more measured than any of my other posts and as I write it I realize that it is not very good.  That being said also, When fellow Americans are in need we don't hold these people in NEED hostage to score your political points. I know that hurricane season is going to occur any day, and while I personally feel one thing, our government is far to good to let fellow Americans no matter where they're from die off for shits and giggles. I know that Virginia will get hit, and Mr. Cantor will be there hand out begging...is he going to want to hear from Nancy Pelosi, "for Virginians to get aid, we have to look at 'Serious cuts' to the budget?" I wouldn't expect her to say that, I wouldn't expect that from John Dingell, I wouldn't expect that from any elected official. Mr Cantor needs to search within himself and find out what the right answer is.

Right now, we need to focus our prayers, good wishes, positive thoughts, whatever it is we do in these situations on the folks hardest hit by these multiple tragedies. If you can, volunteer at your local Red Cross I have the link handy http://www.redcross.org/ it is that simple. Volunteer for local food drives, just continue doing the right things that I know as a rule that we on the left do. We already know that without oil or politicos in high places our states will be also held hostage by the GOP so again, as historically is shown the Reich Wing makes or exacerbates a mess and the left cleans it up...lets get to work

No comments:

Post a Comment