Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What If God Was One of Us?

about 15 years or so ago, Joan Osborne took heat for that song. Not for the reason she should have in that it was a slow droning painful song to listen to in a monotone, no she took the heat because she "dared" presume God may have been a "slob". He may have been an average mensch trying to get by and was silently watching our trials instead of say, making republicans richer.

Yet though I stated that i thought the song a painful listen, it was earnest. She shot out a few ideas and it hit home with some listeners. She did not attempt to use God or her perception or her entertainment or whatever to say that He told her to write this song. It seems God knows his strength. He isn't a songwriter or He may not even be He, but i digress and that is a different claim at a different time.

One of my favorite targets, Bat Boy's Spawn (see here http://lynnrockets.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/bachmann-batboy.jpg for reference) has now said from God's mouth to her ears that she should run for president. Really? I must ask when did God get into political punditry? I can't imagine anything that would bore Him more. I mean if He is the creator, isn't He tired of all the fighting among his kids? If He is, then why is BBS standing there screaming "look at me Daddy I'm the favorite."

See to me, it seems as political pundit, God has missed the boat a couple times. I mean Reagan? I know that the Reich wing has appointed him St. Ronnie of Eureka, but it sure seems when some of God's children got sick with AIDS or God's less fortunate kids were slipping into drugs or homelessness, St Ronnie kinda dropped the ball there. Eisenhower...Okay, Great general, but by the time he got his head out of his ass and decided to "warn" the American public about the military/industrial complex, to me there was a hint of "I got mine and screw you." and God as pundit...really? George W. Bush was the best You could do?

Or how about this, God doesn't give a big rats ass about our silly little political games. It's like the football player who gets the game winning touchdown and says "I'd like to thank God..." Does this mean He screwed over the tackler trying to stop you? No for all that God provides for people in an ideation, Comfort, support, a way to live..He really could care less about sports and politics and once we as a society get through through our thick skulls, the far better off we will be

No comments:

Post a Comment