Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Real Tribute to Andrew Breitbart

So, nearly 10 hours since I heard the news about Andrew Breitbart passing, My attitude has not changed. I know Mama Blue didn't raise Ole Blue to be callous about death. She would rather I was respectful and rightfully somber. I can not get that feeling for this deceased person. In fact Blue is reminded of an old "Moms" Mabley quote that I will paraphrase right here "Now I was told to always speak good of the dead...Breitbart's dead....GOOD".
 Perhaps if I got a chance to have met the man and gathered nuances about him perhaps I could have liked him but chided him  about his wholly wrong views. Blue does have some red friends in fact many of my childhood friends and relatives have conservative leanings. Most of us bloggers particularly those of us that are polarizing like the Breitbarts, Wonkette, Blue have no knowledge of each other except if we get wind of stuff we write which is sure to excite our prospective sides and anger the opposite side.
Time Magazine is noted as having Breitbart say he would prefer to be hated than liked. Well, mission accomplished dude. Between you and your partner in crime in "Bratty" O'Keefe you destroyed a good non profit organization in ACORN, You without your pal destroyed a persons career in Shirley Sherrod, you took advantage of a lax media to get a bulldog out of office and in death you made it a point to call Senator Kennedy everything but a man. Now we on the left are aware that Sen. Kennedy wasn't perfect, but you sir took a glee in calling him human excrement. He too had family, he too had people that would love and miss him...and you sir took a giant shit on that...for funsies. Clearly you had no idea that 18-20 months later you would be on the verge of creating effluvium. Perhaps you may have had a little heart, or maybe it would have made you nastier.
Now with your passing and me likely never going to be interviewed by Current, MSNBC, Fox or CNN, we will never meet nor on the whole be considered equals. But we're similar creatures Breitbart. I try to agitate the right, I preach to my choir on the left...I think the main difference between us is/was I believe in my country and I never have to or WOULD have to create shit to make my country appear more dysfunctional than it is.
I hope the decisions you made in your life made you happy, I hope Hell's not TOO uncomfortable and on the whole, your family may be saddened, but your death did a great service to our country

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! And I like the difference between you and Andrew: You don't have to create shit because you are capable of seeing and verbalizing the shit that is in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If getting "cred" means I will destroy another person for funsies, I won't do it

    ReplyDelete